To put my white jeans away.
Nope, not gonna happen.
Monday, September 24, 2012
Sweater and Chambray:: Old Navy
Jeans:: Paige Denim via TJ Maxx
Boots:: Forever 21 (2010?)
Necklace and watch:: Target
Yes, I have been MIA forEVER. Mostly because I'm broke, so I haven't gone shopping in 2 months. When I started this blog, I went bonkers. I felt justified by my every move in the shopping mall, and I lost total control. I was retail drunk.
Now that my credit cards are sobering up, perhaps its time to fall off the wagon and celebrate FALL. I love love love layers and big comfy clothes! :)
This outfit is actually all last year, but are basic pieces that are easy to find at stores like Old Navy, Gap, Target, etc.
The NEW accessory though, is this thirty-one bag. I got mine through Tabitha who's a current thirty-one consultant. Check out their catalog, they have a ton of purses, totes, thermal bags, and other stylish accessories. You can even have them personalized if you wish.
What I like about this purse, is that you can change its look. The denim part is called a "skirt", and you can change out the skirt for a different pattern (or material) to suit your needs. You can go from day to night with just one bag..cool huh? I think the best part is that you could wash the skirt, or do a quick skirt ONLY change in the event of an emergency.... like when you spill your
red wine margarita taco coffee on it.
Thirty-one seems like a great place to order gifts for the upcoming holidays, AND is having a special right now:: Spend $31, and get 31% ... hmm that seems appropriate :)
Anyone else looking forward to big comfy sweaters and hot chocolate?? Mmmmmmmm... can't wait!
Friday, July 27, 2012
- Rachel's Look Book shares with us her summer "go-to" items that are fit for running errands or lunch with the girls! Cute! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is walking on the wild side with her fashion choices lately and it's paying off! She looks fabulous in her new red pants! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn is gearing up for the start of the Olympics with an adorable graphic tee! Perfect for watching the opening ceremonies tonight! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl looks gorgeous in a neutral outfit - head over to find out how she uses a hint of shimmer to keep the look interesting!
- Urban Frill is wearing her own version of the primary colors and knocked it out of the park! And she thought she had nothing to wear! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now mixes masculine and feminine for a layered summer look! Pop over to see how she pulls it off! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average is taking style cues from Betty Draper while sporting an updated vintage look complete with a pink lace skirt! Love! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is channeling her inner free spirt with lace and pastels - a beautiful nod to the 60s!
- the Queen City Style is shopping her own closet and trying out a new combination she has never thought of! Head over to see the unlikely pair! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes Aztec with an amazing pair of shorts! She pairs it with a top that has an unexpected twist - go check it out! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Rosie Huntington look for under $115! It involves boots and shorts - a must see!
- Second Street East is sharing a little office inspiration with us, which will be her future workspace. One hint - pink and yellow! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies pairs a neutral top with some pops of color! Don't forget to check out her fun hair accessory!
- Sweetie Pie Style runs us through this fall's shoe trends! Be careful because you will want every. single. pair. (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Listen, we all make mistakes.
I can't believe I'm posting these.
We're all friends here, right? :)
Shirt: Old Navy
Yup, that just happened.
I really thought this looked great in the mirror. I don't know what happened! Hey, we're all human. I also thought these shoes were a great idea, until I couldn't find more than one outfit to wear them with.
You gotta learn to laugh at yourself every now and then :)
Ok stop laughing.
On with your day now!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Hi friends. I had a crappy day yesterday, so I decided to start today by pumping myself up with some good news. Here are a couple videos I found to remind me that good people DO exist.
Watch the first and the second ;)
A great Dad to all..
Have a good day!!
Friday, July 20, 2012
- Rachel's Look Book is showing us some European flair by recreating outfits she saw while across the pond! A must see! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Crazy Style Love is in full-on "ladies who lunch" mode with a pretty pastel look. Monochromatic at its best! (find Crazy Style Love on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Jessica Alba look complete with mint jeans and pink loafers. Head over to find out where to get the goods - all for under $140!
- High Heeled Style is having a polka party with her fun top! Paired with green accents and a pencil skirt, it makes for an office look that is sure to stand out! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn loves the classic combination of red and blue together long after Independence Day! Head over to see how she pairs blue with a little red dress! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl remind us how important accessories are to our look! Pop over to see how she turned an all black outfit into something special with a few key pieces!
- Urban Frill goes red-hot while pairing a long, flowy vest with her usual work attire for an unexpected twist to business causal! So cute! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is sporting a little drop-hem number that is reminiscent of the 20s. A seriously sassy look for date night! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average shares with us her "Tall Girls Guide to the Mini." Head over to see how she puts her rules to use! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is letting her shorts take center stage in this California cool look that is ready for any warm weather you can throw at it! Love those shorts!
- The Queen City Style has discovered something all you fashionistas need... a running dress! Yes, a running dress! Go check it out! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow is channeling Jess from "New girl" with her adorable polka dot number! I'd say she wears it better than Zooey, what do you think?? (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is letting her hair down with a geometric skirt and denim top - a fun look to brighten the day! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style looks ahead to cooler weather with Madewell's fall preview. Head over for tips on how to predict fashion trends for next season! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Thursday, July 19, 2012
This outfit is very similar to this post, but it's different.. I swear!
p.s. Please excuse the frizz.
Cardi: NY&Co..... Similar
Shoes: Target (old)
Yeah, I know. It's a little too warm for a cardigan, but hear me out. A good and versatile cardigan is always good to keep on hand for at least 3 reasons:
1. Restaurants and movie theaters are usually chilly. No one wants their Fettuccine Alfredo with a side of goosebumps.
2. They provide a layer of style, color, or interest to an outfit. Bonus!: This opens new doors to different accessories.
3. They disguise the ugly. You know, like love handles and stuff... from the Fettuccine Alfredo.
This one is 3 quarter length because it's summer. I buy them left and right. I recommend shopping at New York & Company and Target if you have long arms, and need full length sleeves.
And now for a little A.D.D...
Booboo likes when his mommy takes photos outside. Photo time = play time. That is, until an airplane flies overhead. Then he freaks.
Okay, this has absolutely no relevance. Moving on.
* * *
In other news, I'm behind on a few things. I've had a crazy, but good, past couple of days. The most exciting thing being there's a new baby in the family!! Well technically my boyfriends family, but I'd like to claim him too, because he's just so darn cute. :)
First, I'd like to thank Stephanie, from Pretty Little Things, for including me in the Versatile Blogger award last week!
And also Dana, from Dana's Lookbook, for including me in the Liebster award.
I'm not sure as to why they're called "awards".. but that doesn't change the fact that these two fellow bloggers are absolute sweethearts for bringing me in on it! Both Stephanie and Dana are on my reading list, and I think it'd be nice if they became part of yours too :).
Hang in there everyone! The weekend IS coming!!
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Top: NY&Co (check stores) Similar
Flip Flops: Target (last year)
Earrings and Bracelets: Target
So it's hard to tell from these pictures, but these shorts have a shimmer to them. For a good balance of shimmer between the shorts and earrings, I added just a plain and simple blouse in between.
It's so hot, I can't think.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Jeans: Paige denim via TJ Maxx
Clutch: Target (recent)
Long necklace: NY&Co (old)
Short necklace: F21 (recent)
Belt: Old Navy.... Similar
Sunnies: TJ Maxx
This outfit by itself is lame-o. It's just....boring and black.
Piling on the accessories added just the right amount of jazz :)
Don't forget your accessories!!