Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Girl Time




 Cardi: NY&Co
Blouse: H&M
Pants: NY&Co
Necklace: TJ Maxx
Stacked: Target and NY&Co
Shoes: Sanuk



Hey girls heeeey!  The other week, I met up with my friend Catara from Catara Carrell Photography.  We spent the afternoon on her friends beautiful property taking photos.  I had no idea where we were going, but after making several turns on some windy, wooded back roads, we finally found a driveway that gave way to an absolutely stunning view.   When I put my car in park, I sat gazing out my window in awe.  Everything was perfect... from the adorable house surrounded by perfectly manicured landscaping, to the large pond complete with big, colorful coy fish.  It was like a secret little hideaway that no one was allowed to know about.  

But thankfully, Catara knows everybody! :) 

At first, I felt a little silly shy actually having someone take my photos.  Usually it's just me in my back yard (praying the neighbors are out somewhere) using my boyfriends ladder as a tripod, and running back and forth to my camera to set the timer.  (Note to self: invest in a cordless remote!!...)
Someone could honestly camp out and record my little photo sessions out back.  It would get a million hits on you tube.... and not because I'm just that special, but because watching me pose is painfully awkward.  I'm talking disastrous.  Like a train wreck you can't look away from.  Actually, it's kinda like......

 .
 .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.








    like this.

(loved Julia Louis-Dreyfus then, and love her still!!)

Anyway, this day it didn't take long for me to relax and have fun with it, because Catara was cool, confident, and just as giddy as I was.  Laughter cures everything doesn't it?  We had a great day.  There's nothing like being silly and reminiscing with a best friend!

"A good friend knows all your best stories....
     A best friend has lived them with you.." 

...ain't that the truth

Visit her at Catara Carrell Photography, and be sure to check out all her beautiful images!

No comments:

Post a Comment